If you follow these top five care tips, you can enjoy these beautiful flowers for a long time.
1. Choose a large vase so the flowers have room to unfurl. The flowers can increase in size quite dramatically, particularly the double-flowered varieties.
2. Fill the (clean!) vase with water and flower food.
3. Cut the flower stems diagonally with a sharp, clean knife (not scissors). Remove the lower leaves too; no leaves should be left in the water. Then loosely arrange the flowers in the vase.
4. Change the vase water regularly – preferably daily. Add flower food again and cut off a little of the stems each time.
5. Are the flower buds not opening? Try sprinkling them with lukewarm water. Even better: buy peonies with buds that are slightly open. Then they’ll be sure to unfurl!
A bouquet of peonies is always beautiful, but sometimes you want something different. Awaken your inner stylist! Choose peonies in different shades and arrange them together in a collection of small vases. Each flower will be displayed to its fullest. Also nice: put a single, very large fragrant peony in a vase on your desk.
Do you have your own fun styling suggestions for peonies? Share them on Instagram with #mypeonysociety. For more styling ideas and colour inspiration, check out our socials: instagram.com/mypeonysociety and facebook.com/mypeonysociety.